Finding a Course
You don't have to be admitted to a U of M degree program to take full advantage of our online credit course offerings.
Use the Class Search tool to browse our collection of credit courses by entering a few basic criteria:
- Select a campus
- Select a term
- Select a subject (click the box to see a list of possible subjects)
- Check the box for online classes only
- Hit Search
Once you've found the course you'd like to take, follow the appropriate registration instructions in the section below.
You can also peruse the College of Continuing Education's courses offered through the Online and Distance Learning program.
Here is some basic information about transferring credits into a U of M online degree program, but we recommend talking with an academic adviser from the college you are seeking admission to before registering for any courses.
How to Register
If you are a U of M student taking an online course from your campus:
You can register as you normally would through the MyU portal.
If you are a U of M student taking an online course from a different U of M campus:
- Check with an adviser before taking courses at another campus to ensure the course will meet your general education and/or major requirements.
- Fill out a copy of the multi-institutional form, and have it processed by your home campus. You will need to consult with your college adviser and financial aid office to complete the application. If you are planning to take online courses from more than one U of M campus you will need to fill out a separate form for each campus.
- Students currently enrolled on one campus should check with an adviser before taking courses at another campus to ensure the course will meet their general education and/or major requirements.
If you are a non-U of M student taking an online course:
To register for a course, follow the links below for the campus offering the course.
- Twin Cities: Follow the instructions on One Stop for non-degree students.
- Crookston: Contact the Center for Adult Learning to determine eligibility and space availability.
- Duluth: Follow the instructions on the Continuing Education website.
- Morris: Follow the Morris online learning instructions for non-U of M students.