Life as a University student may be overwhelming at times. Here are some ideas on how to organize your schedule and better understand what's coming and expected.
Manage Your Time
- Give yourself plenty of time when turning in important assignments and tests, in case you encounter technical issues.
- Check Canvas for updates to your syllabus.
- Learn more about online learning expectations at the University.
Know Your Classes
Create a study schedule for each of your classes.
- Watch the Staying Organized video by the U of M's Student Academic Success Services.
- Watch this video about Constructing a Time Schedule.
At the most basic of levels of organization, you can start with a generic table like the one below.
|Class 1||Class 2||Class 3|
|Important Dates||Project due in Week 7||Group activities weekly||Paper due Friday|
|Class Structure||No lab; live lecture. Not recorded.||Discussion optional. Recorded lecture.||May do paper instead of group project.|
|Important Links||Lecture. Office hours.||Discussion. Lecture.||Group paper Google folder.|
|Homework||Dropbox||Canvas upload||Final Exam, proctored.|