Cost$451.50 per credit
Application DeadlinesSummer: May 6; Fall: August 1
DepartmentLiberal Arts and Education
Concepts learned and skills developed through a writing minor will be advantageous in any career that requires skill in written communication. Graduates who obtain an undergraduate writing minor will gain an understanding of and appreciation for the English language, develop critical thinking and theoretical application skills through the study of research, and be able to communicate complex ideas through writing in professional settings.
- Summer: May 6
- Fall: August 1 (International Application: July 12)
Minors are available to admitted U of M students only.
All admission materials must be at the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. CST on the deadlines noted.
- WRIT 2223 – English Grammar and Usage (3 cr)
- WRIT 3303 – Writing in Your Profession (3 cr)
- WRIT 3856 – Editing (3 cr)
- GBUS 1005 – Orientation to Online Learning (1 cr)
Students will also take 9 or more elective credits. See the Catalog for a list of options.