Cost$900.00 per credit (resident and nonresident)
Application DeadlinesFall: March 15; Spring: October 15
CollegeCollege of Continuing and Professional Studies
The Transgender and Gender Diverse Health Certificate meets the unique needs of professionals who want to become competent in transgender and gender diverse health.
The post-baccalaureate certificate features:
- specialized expertise to complement allied licenses
- faculty who are practicing practitioners working at the cutting edge of the field
- projects that apply to real-life considerations in health for transgender and gender diverse populations
- intersectional and decolonizing lens for pedagogy and applications
- a diverse and inclusive student environment
This certificate is offered in partnership between the Medical School’s Institute for Sexual and Gender Health and the College of Continuing and Professional Studies.
The certificate consists of 12 credits. Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA for all degree coursework to remain in good standing.
- HSEX 6311 – Health Care for Transgender and Gender Diverse Adults (3 cr)
- HSEX 6312 – Intersectional and Decolonizing Approaches to Transgender Health (3 cr)
- HSEX 6313 – Gender Diversity, Sexuality, and Sexual Health (3 cr)
- HSEX 6314 – Health Care for Transgender and Gender Diverse Children and Adolescents (3 cr)