Cost$441.50 per credit before fees
Application DeadlinesSpring: December 15; Summer: May 15; Fall: August 1
This certificate covers many different aspects of sport and recreation management: management and marketing as they relate to the sport industry, sport ethics, leadership, facility management, event planning, sport communication, and the psychological and sociological aspects of sport.
All admission materials must be at the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. CST on the deadlines noted.
Core Requirements (9 credits)
- MKTG 3300 – Principles of Marketing (3 cr)
- SRM 2020 – Foundations of Sport and Recreation Management (3 cr)
- SRM 3003 – Sport Facility and Activities Management (3 cr)
Take 9 or more credits from the following:
- COMM 3710 – Event Planning and Management (3 cr)
- MGMT 3210 – Supervision and Leadership (3 cr)
- SRM 3006 – Sport Marketing and Communication (3 cr)
- SRM 3008 – Sport Ethics and Leadership (3 cr)
- SRM 3100 – Psychology of Sport (3 cr)
- SRM 3200 – Sociocultural Dimensions in Sport (3 cr)