Cost$1,478.00 per credit (resident and nonresident)
Admission GPA3.0 or better
Application DeadlinesFall: June 15; Spring: October 15; Summer: March 15
CollegeCarlson School of Management
As one of the premier graduate tax programs in the nation, the Carlson School Master of Business Taxation (MBT) program helps students acquire a conceptual understanding of taxation, and develop technical competence in the practical application of the rules of taxation in business. In addition, courses in government and economic tax policy, tax negotiations, and tax technology and analytics provide breadth to complement the technical tax courses. Courses are also designed to develop a students’ analytical, problem solving, writing and communication skills to enable them to more quickly advance their careers.
The Master of Business Taxation gives students a chance to learn from world-class faculty who are distinguished professionals with extensive real-life experience. The faculty have in-depth knowledge of the tax industry and work closely with the Twin Cities business community. Combining rigorous coursework and top faculty from the tax community brings a broad perspective into the relationship between tax and business issues, which helps prepare graduates for greater responsibilities in business management and consulting.
This program is also available as a 12-credit graduate certificate.
- MBT 5200 – Tax Accounting Methods I (2 cr)
- MBT 5201 – Tax Accounting Methods II (2 cr)
- MBT 5220 – Tax Research, Communication, and Practice (4 cr)
- MBT 5230 – Corporate Taxation I (2 cr)
- MBT 5323 – Corporate Taxation II (2 cr)
- MBT 5340 – Taxation of Partners and Partnerships (2 cr)
- MBT 5347 – Tax Technology and Analytics Fundamentals (2 cr)
- MBT 5360 – State and Local Taxation (2 cr)
- MBT 5380 – Tax Aspects of International Business I (2 cr)
- MBT 5500 – Business, Government, and Economic Tax Policy (2 cr)