Cost$520.50/credit (resident); nonresident tuition varies
Total Credits12 (60 required for admission)
Application DeadlinesFall: July 15; Spring: November 15; Summer: April 15
CollegeCollege of Continuing and Professional Studies
The Long Term Care (LTC) Management certificate uses state-accredited long-term care courses to prepare students to lead in the growing field of long-term services and supports.
Through this certificate, you will be eligible to obtain Licensed Nursing Home Administrator and Assisted Living Director credentials in Minnesota.
Minimum requirements include:
- 60 credits prior to admission
- A GPA above 2.0 is preferred for the following:
- 2.50 already admitted to the degree-granting college
- 2.50 transferring from another University of Minnesota college
- 2.50 transferring from outside the University
For information about University of Minnesota admission requirements, visit the Office of Admissions website.
You will take a total of 12 credits from the following courses.
- HSM 4541 – Health Care Finance (3 cr)
- HSM 4582 – Practicum in Long Term Care (1 cr)
- HSM 4586 – Management in Assisted Living and Senior Care Settings (3 cr)
- HSM 4589 – Long Term Care Human Resources Management (2 cr)
- HSM 4682 – Long Term Care Services and Supports (3 cr)
- HSM 4683 – Long Term Care Environment and Quality (3 cr)
- HSM 4684 – Long Term Care Leadership and Strategy (2 cr)