Cost$441.50 per credit before fees
Application DeadlinesSpring: December 15; Summer: May 15; Fall: August 1
DepartmentMath, Science and Technology
The Health Management certificate program provides fundamental knowledge in the business of health care in areas like finance, health information technology, health care law, ethics, group practice, and others. The certificate qualifies participants to advance their management careers in hospitals, outpatient centers, physician group practices, managed care organizations, public health agencies, and other health-related organizations.
Students must complete 45 credits before admission to the program. A GPA above 2.0 is preferred for the following:
- 2.50 already admitted to the degree-granting college
- 2.50 transferring from another University of Minnesota college
- 2.50 transferring from outside the University
Application to the certificate program is required along with the completion of a high school diploma and a transcript demonstrating 45 semester credits with a 2.5 grade point average or better. Any applied course fees will be applied.
With approval of the program, up to 8 credits of transfer coursework from an accredited college can be applied to this certificate. Courses can transfer to the Health Management Bachelor of Science degree.
- HSM 1010 – Medical Terminology (2 cr)
- HSM 2010 – Introduction to the Health Care System (2 cr)
- HSM 3030 – Health Care and Medical Needs (3 cr)
- HSM 3200 – Health Care Leadership and Planning (4 cr)
- HSM 4210 – Health Care Law and Biomedical Ethics (4 cr)