Cost$441.50 per credit before fees
Application DeadlinesSummer: May 15; Fall: August 1
As an employment sector with sustainable future growth, the minor enhances the career prospects of our graduates. Students will be introduced to the principles of finance and how to apply these to analyze a variety of financial issues. They will develop the problem-solving and quantitative skills that are widely used in business. The minor in finance is available to all undergraduate students at UMC. Several electives are offered to provide a specialized education for students seeking the finance minor.
- Summer: May 6
- Fall: August 1 (International Application: July 12)
Minors are available to admitted U of M students only.
All admission materials must be at the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on the deadlines noted.
- ACCT 2101 – Principles of Accounting I (3 cr)
- ACCT 2102 – Principles of Accounting II (3 cr)
- ECON 2102 – Macroeconomics [HI/BEH/SSC] (3 cr)
- FIN 3105 – Corporate Finance (3 cr)
- FIN 3120 – Money, Banking and Financial Institutions (3& cr)
- GBUS 1005 – Orientation to Online Learning (1 cr)
- MATH 1031 – College Algebra [MATH THINK] (3 cr)
- MATH 1250 – Precalculus [MATH THINK] (4 cr)
- AGEC 3640 – Agricultural Finance and Valuation (3 cr)
- FIN 3100 – Managerial Finance (3 cr)
Students will also take 6 or more elective credits. See the Catalog for a list of options.