Cost$451.50 per credit
Application DeadlinesSummer: May 6; Fall: August 1
DepartmentLiberal Arts and Education
The undergraduate minor in English prepares students to succeed in professional organizations and myriad fields by offering students skills that will supplement their chosen majors. English minor graduates will gain an understanding and appreciation of the English language, develop critical thinking and theoretical application skills through the study and critique of literature, and gain insight into the importance of diversity.
- Summer: May 6
- Fall: August 1 (International Application: July 12)
Minors are available to admitted U of M students only.
All admission materials must be at the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on the deadlines noted.
- WRIT 3303 – Writing in Your Profession (3 cr)
- ENGL 1005 – Introduction to World Literature [HUMANITIES, GLOB PERSP] (3 cr)
- ENGL 3005 – Ancient to 17th Century World Literature [HUMANITIES, GLOB PERSP] (3 cr)
- ENGL 3006 – 18th Century to Contemporary World Literature [HUMANITIES, GLOB PERSP] (3 cr)
Two or more electives are also required, totaling 6 or more credits. See the Catalog for a list of options.