Technical Communication Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:$717.50 per credit (MN resident); $1,098.00 per credit (non-resident)
- Total credits:15
- Credential:Graduate Certificate
- Application deadlines:Ongoing
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Liberal Arts
- Department:Writing Studies
The online Graduate Certificate in Technical Communication provides graduate-level instruction for working professionals to enhance their knowledge and skills in technical communication. The certificate prepares students for jobs such as technical writer and editor, web content writer and management, information architect, online content/social media editor, and e-learning designer.
- WRIT 5001 Introduction to Graduate Studies in Scientific and Technical Communication
- WRIT 4662W Writing with Digital Technologies
- WRIT 5112 Information Design: Theory and Practice
- WRIT 4562 International Professional Communication
- WRIT 5561 Editing and Style for Technical Communicators
Visit the program website for complete curriculum.
Employment of technical writers is projected to grow 10 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations. Employment growth will be driven by the continuing expansion of scientific and technical products and by growth in web-based product support. Job opportunities, especially for applicants with technical skills, are expected to be good.
United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics