The Public Health Certificate in Core Concepts (PHCert-CC) is designed for working health service or human service professionals with a completed baccalaureate or advanced degree who wish to develop a credential in public health core concepts.
The content of the PHCert-CC curriculum is the same as the core content taught in the School of Public Health, Master of Public Health (MPH) degree programs. All courses are available in online and in-person formats.
Watch student Linda Kahn's video about her experience in the program.
For more information, please visit the program website.
- PUBH 6020 Fundamentals of Social and Behavioral Science (2 cr)
- PUBH 6102 Issues in Environmental and Occupational Health (2 cr)
- PUBH 6250 Foundations of Public Health (2 cr)
- PUBH 6320 Fundamentals of Epidemiology (3 cr)
- PUBH 6414 Biostatistical Literacy (3 cr)
- PUBH 6741 Ethics in Public Health: Professional Practice and Policy (1 cr)
The full curriculum can be found online.
Professional Licensing Boards
Requirements for licensure vary from state to state. Check with the appropriate licensing body in the state where you intend to practice.