Public Health Core Concepts Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:$932.96 per credit (MN resident); $1,225.32 per credit (non-resident)
- Total credits:14
- Credential:Graduate Certificate
- Application deadlines:December 1 for spring; April 1 for summer; August 1 for fall
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:School of Public Health
The Public Health Certificate in Core Concepts (PHCert-CC) is designed for working health service or human service professionals with a completed baccalaureate or advanced degree who wish to develop a credential in public health core concepts. The program provides training that prepares public health workers and others to respond to emerging public health issues. The content of the PHCert-CC curriculum is the same as the core content taught in the School of Public Health, Master of Public Health (MPH) degree programs. All courses are available in online and in-person formats.
Watch student Linda Kahn's video about her experience in the program.
For more information, please visit the program website.
- PubH 6020 Fundamentals of Social and Behavioral Science (3 cr)
- PubH 6102 Issues in Environmental and Occupational Health (2 cr)
- PubH 6320 Fundamentals of Epidemiology (3 cr)
- PubH 6414 Biostatistical Literacy (3 cr)
- PubH 6741 Ethics in Public Health: Professional Practice and Policy (1 cr)
- PubH 6751 Principles of Management in Health Services Organizations (2 cr)