Master of Education in Family Education
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:$711.00 per credit (MN resident); $1,100.00 per credit (nonresident)
- Total credits:30-31
- Credential:Graduate Degree
- Application deadlines:March 1
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Education and Human Development
This entirely online, graduate-level master of education (MEd.) is available to students who wish to further their education as practitioners. Students are prepared to design, deliver, and evaluate educational programs in a variety of settings providing support and education to parents and families.
Students may also fulfill requirements for a parent education specialty teaching license as part of this degree (required for teaching ECFE programs in Minnesota). They may also add a Parent Education Certificate to the MEd. Coursework taken for the certificate can be embedded in the 30 credits required for the MEd.
Please note: This program is not offered full time and therefore is not ideal for international students needing a visa to study in the U.S.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Whether you will be charged resident or non-resident tuition varies depending on a combination of factors. Please contact the college you would like to attend for more details.
This program requires 30 to 31 major credits. Here is just a sampling of courses you might take.
- FSOS 5902 Family Education Perspectives (3 cr)
- FSOS 5942 Everyday Experiences of Families (2 cr)
- FSOS 5946 Assessment and Evaluation in Parent Education (2 cr)
- OLPD 5201 Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 cr)
- CPSY 4302 Infant Development (3 cr)
For more information, visit the University catalog.