Master of Business Administration
- Delivery:Primarily Online
- Cost:$1,335.00 per credit*
- Total credits:57
- Credential:Graduate Degree
- Application deadlines:May 15, June, 15, July 15 for fall; October 15, November 15, December 15 for spring
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:Carlson School of Management
The Distance Master of Business Administration (MBA) allows for the completion of the Carlson MBA through online courses and the opportunity to engage with our Part-Time MBA community—a unique alternative to the nationally ranked Carlson Part-Time MBA. As a Distance MBA student, you will have access to the same resources a Carlson MBA provides: talented academic advisors and career coaches, an alumni network spanning 95 countries, and an innovative curriculum structured to fit the needs of working professionals.
*Non-residents taking more than 11 credits per semester pay $1,858 per credit for each additional credit.
Distance MBA students complete the 57-credit program in about 2.5 years (8 semesters) through online courses and two on-campus experiences. These experiences could be:
- An in-person condensed format course, regular evening/weekend courses, or a global program experience
- Career workshops, professional conferences, case competitions, and other student development events
You will join a dedicated cohort of fellow students who progress through the curriculum together and forge connections with one another. Enjoy the benefits of a face-to-face student community virtually and through regular live programming offered by your MBA program staff. Virtual student resources include academic advising, career coaching, and enhanced services and technology support.
- MBA 6300 Strategic Management (3 cr)
- MBA 6140 Managerial Economics (2 cr)
- MBA 6210 Marketing Management (3 cr)
- MBA 6110 Leading Others (2 cr)
- MBA 6315 Business Ethics (2 cr)
For complete curriculum information, visit the Carlson website.
The Carlson School’s position in the heart of Minneapolis grants Part-Time Distance MBA students access to a vibrant, diverse, and global business community. These companies recruit graduates, engage with students, and ensure the School’s degree programs are relevant to today’s business landscape.
In addition, the Graduate Business Career Center prepares MBA students for successful job searches and connects students to top companies across the world, providing resources such as:
- Career counseling
- Career tests
- Mock interviews
- Job search tools
- Networking events
- Resume reviews
- Career fairs
- Negotiation strategies