K-12 Technology Integration Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:Per credit: $711.00 (resident); $1,1.00 (non-resident)
- Total credits:12
- Credential:Graduate Certificate
- Admission GPA:2.80
- Application deadlines:Spring: December 15; Summer: April 30; Fall: July 31
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Education and Human Development
- Department:Curriculum and Instruction
The certificate in K−12 Technology Integration is designed for K−12 teachers and administrators to learn strategies for technology use in classrooms, schools, and districts.
Through this certificate you will:
- develop skills in providing coaching and professional learning for colleagues.
- engage with practical, assessment, and theoretical resources to understand computer science’s movement into K−12 classroom, organizational, and library spaces.
- engage with current research about technology integration, 1:1 learning environments, and the maker movement.
- strengthen expertise in national, state, district, and classroom policies and standards that support meaningful technology integration.
- participate in a collaborative learning community where you learn from and with course members and instructors.
You will complete 12 credits (each course is 3 credits):
- Technology Tools for Educators
- Teaching and Learning with the Internet
- Special topics in learning technologies, such as Computer Coding for K−12 Educators or 1-to-1 Technology Initiatives for K−12 Educators
- Elective taken in consultation with your advisor
See the detailed course curriculum in the graduate catalog.
All courses are offered in completely online and blended formats. Formats vary semester to semester.
You can pursue the certificate alone or pursue the certificate and MEd. Professional Studies in Learning Technologies at the same time. You will need to apply to both the certificate program and the master’s program.
A Note About Tuition
Whether you will be charged resident or non-resident tuition varies depending on a combination of factors. Please contact the college you would like to attend for more details.