The Graduate Certificate in Election Administration is designed with maximum flexibility for those experienced individuals already managing state and local election offices, as well as those seeking to become part of the next generation of creative and committed leaders.
Whether you are currently working in or considering a career in elections, this rigorous and relevant program will prepare you for advancement in the profession of election administration. The courses are taught by national experts and other prominent leaders in election administration.
Also offered at the undergraduate level
Required Courses (7 cr)
- PA 5971 Survey of Election Administration (3.0 cr)
- PA 5972 Election Law (2.0 cr)
- PA 5973 Politics of Public Affairs (2.0 cr)
Electives (5 or more credits required)
- PA 5975 Election Design (2.0 cr)
- PA 5976 Voter Participation (1.0 cr)
- PA 5982 Data Analysis for Election Administration (2.0 cr)
- PA 5983 Introduction to Election Security (1.0 cr)
- PA 5984 Elections Security: How to Protect America's Elections (2.0 cr)
“Preparing the next generation of election officials, as well as furthering the professional development of existing election administrators, was a key recommendation of the Presidential Commission on Election Administration. Programs like the Humphrey School’s will help develop tomorrow’s professionals by preparing them to conduct elections in an environment that requires a comprehensive skill set.”
— Tammy Patrick, Member, Presidential Commission on Election Administration