Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Business
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:$395.47 per credit
- Total credits:120
- Credential:Undergraduate Degree
- Application deadlines:July 23 for fall 2018; December 10 for spring 2019*
- Department:Agriculture and Natural Resources
The BS in Agricultural Business blends a strong base of agriculture, business, and general education courses while allowing you to choose electives that fit your career interests and goals. The program is also available as a minor and certificate.
Graduates will demonstrate ability to:
- Create and present a strategic agribusiness plan that incorporates market analysis, risk analysis, and financial analysis.
- Select and apply investment analysis techniques and interpret results.
- Construct, interpret, and analyze a set of coordinated financial statements, consisting of balance sheets, income statement, and statement of cash flow.
- Demonstrate competency in the use of spreadsheets, computerized recording keeping, and financial analysis software.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the interconnections between production, sales, and the consumption of food and fiber.
- Evaluate the impact of cash-forward contracts, commodity futures, and option contracts on the buying/selling prices of commodities.
* Spring 2019 International Application - November 19, 2018
- AGEC 1004 Introduction to Agribusiness (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 2310 Agribusiness Financial Records (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 2530 Professional Agriselling (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 3050 Economics for AgriBusiness Management (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 3430 Food Marketing Systems (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 3540 Farm Business Management (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 3640 Agricultural Finance and Valuation (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 4740 Grain and Livestock Marketing (3.0 cr)
- AGEC 4760 Business Plan Development for Agribusiness (3.0 cr)
A wide array of challenging, satisfying, and rewarding careers awaits graduates as demand for trained personnel in agribusiness continues to outstrip the supply of qualified graduates. Clusters of employment opportunities include agricultural sales and marketing, agribusiness management, agribusiness finance, agribusiness information management, food marketing management, global agribusiness, and rural economic development.
Financial aid is available for eligible students. Students must fill out the FAFSA form and use code 004069 when applying for financial aid for this program. Contact the University of Minnesota Crookston (UMC) for additional information:
UMC Financial Aid Office
Phone: 800-862-6466 ext 8569; 218-218-8550