Applied Business Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:$482.54 per credit (MN resident); $854.24 per credit (nonresident)
- Total credits:15
- Credential:Undergrad Certificate
- Admission GPA:2.5
- Application deadlines:July 15 for fall; November 15 for spring; April 15 for summer
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Continuing Education
Intended for the practicing and aspiring professional, the Certificate in Applied Business emphasizes relevant, up-to-the-minute business theory and its immediate applicability. Designed in conjunction with private, public, and nonprofit employers, the degree provides the specific skills and perspectives that are vital to both personal success and the organizational bottom line.
Students, who may already have a degree but little or no business background, pursue a carefully selected set of courses in management and leadership, sales and marketing, operations and finance, and communication.
There are four certificate options targeting different professional needs.
- Managing the Professional Practice—Intended as a supplement to intense clinical or technical curricula. Check out the MPP video.
- Managing in Health Systems Organizations—Dynamics of managing health systems and how to advance as a manager in those systems.
- Managing for Sustainability, Innovation, and Quality—Preparation for leadership in organizations that focus on emerging technology or societal change.
- Self-Designed Focus—Requires adviser/departmental approval.
For complete curriculum information, visit the program website.
"The Applied Business Certificate classes were challenging but very gratifying. Completing the program allowed me to get the foundation of a business education, but it was entirely feasible to complete while still in veterinary school, which I did over summer break." —Lee Michels