Cost$441.50 per credit before fees
Application DeadlinesSpring: December 15; Summer: May 15; Fall: August 1
DepartmentMath, Science and Technology
This minor is intended for students who are studying in a computer-related field (software engineering, information technology management). In addition, students from other programs with sufficient IT background will be able to enroll in this minor with the goal of enabling them to work in cyber security.
The minor consists of courses designed to provide students with both the technical background and the hands-on experiences along with the theoretical background that gives them a competitive edge in cybersecurity jobs.
Take 19 or more credit(s) from the following:
- GBUS 1005 – Orientation to Online Learning (1 cr)
- ITM 3110 – Microcomputer Operating Systems (3 cr)
- NT 3120 – Networking Standards and Protocols (3 cr)
- NT 3215 – Information Assurance and Systems Security (3 cr)
- SE 2100 – Microcomputer Systems Architecture (3 cr)
- SE 3250 – Cybercrime and Digital Forensics (3 cr)
Take one of the following:
- SE 2050 – Introduction to Programming I (3 cr)
- SE 2070 – Introduction to Programming II (3 cr)