Cost$441.50 per credit before fees
Application DeadlinesSummer: May 15; Fall: August 1
DepartmentLiberal Arts and Education
The communication minor complements all UMC degree programs by preparing students to be effective communicators in any profession. The undergraduate minor emphasizes communication theory and practice, as well as the creation, development, presentation, and evaluation of coherent messages.
- Summer: May 6
- Fall: August 1 (International Application: July 12)
Minors are available to admitted U of M students only.
All admission materials must be at the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on the deadlines noted.
- COMM 3000 – Communication Theory (3 cr)
- COMM 3001 – Human Relationships and Leadership [HUMAN DIV] (3 cr)
- COMM 3704 – Business and Professional Speaking (3 cr)
- COMM 4000 – News and Promotional Writing (3 cr)
- GBUS 1005 – Orientation to Online Learning (1 cr)
Two or more electives are also required, totaling 6 or more credits. See the Catalog for a list of options.