Cost$451.50 per credit
Application DeadlinesSummer: May 6; Fall: August 1
DepartmentAgriculture and Natural Resources
The agricultural business minor gives students a broad understanding of marketing techniques, livestock and grain commodities, financing, and economics of agriculture. This undergraduate minor complements many of the agriculture-based majors, as well as business, such that students learn valuable information regardless of whether they work in lending, consulting, or sales, or run their own business.
- Summer: May 6
- Fall: August 1 (International Application: July 12)
Minors are available to admitted U of M students only.
All admission materials must be at the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on the deadlines noted.
- AGEC 2530 – Professional Agriselling (3 cr)
- AGEC 3540 – Farm Business Management (3 cr)
- AGEC 3640 – Agricultural Finance and Valuation (3 cr)
- AGEC 4740 – Grain and Livestock Marketing (3 cr)
- MKTG 3300 – Principles of Marketing (3 cr)
Choose one of the following:
- ACCT 2102 – Principles of Accounting II (3 cr)
- AGEC 2310 – Agribusiness Financial Records (3 cr)
Communication or Management Selection (choose one):
- COMM 3008 – Business Writing (3 cr)
- COMM 3704 – Business and Professional Speaking (3 cr)
- MGMT 3210 – Supervision and Leadership (3 cr)