Cost$441.50 per credit before fees
Application DeadlinesSummer: May 15; Fall: August 1
The undergraduate accounting minor introduces students to the theory and practice of accounting, including the basics of generally accepted accounting principles. Students will have the flexibility to concentrate in taxation, cost accounting, auditing, or financial accounting. The minor may also be used to help qualify students to take the CPA exam.
- Summer: May 6
- Fall: August 1 (International Application: July 12)
Minors are available to admitted U of M students only.
All admission materials must be at the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on the deadlines noted.
- ACCT 2101 – Principles of Accounting I (3 cr)
- ACCT 2102 – Principles of Accounting II (3 cr)
- ACCT 3201 – Intermediate Accounting I (4 cr)
- ACCT 3202 – Intermediate Accounting II (4 cr)
- ACCT 3220 – Accounting Systems (3 cr)
- GBUS 1005 – Orientation to Online Learning (1 cr)
- ACCT 3301 – Cost Accounting I (3 cr)
- ACCT 4221 Auditing I (3 cr)
- ACCT 4404 Income Tax I (3 cr)
Students will also complete 6 credits of electives. See the Catalog for a list of options.