Private College Leadership Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:For-credit: $2,700/course; noncredit: $2,400/course
- Total credits:12
- Credential:Graduate Certificate
- Campus:Twin Cities
The Private College Leadership Certificate is a series of four eight-week, graduate-level courses designed for professionals who are currently in or are pursuing leadership roles in the private college sector. The certificate is offered through a partnership between the Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development in the College of Education and Human Development and the College of Continuing Education.
The coursework offers specific knowledge and skills related to innovation in organizational development and change, leadership, entrepreneurship, and decision making necessary for leading in private colleges’s unique context.
- For-credit graduate certificate: This four-course sequence can be completed online in one year. Participants receive a transcripted graduate certificate from the University of Minnesota. Currently enrolled in a doctoral or master’s degree program? Check with your adviser to find out if some or all 12 credits can be transferred.
- Noncredit certificate: This noncredit certificate is for professionals who desire the same experience as offered in the for-credit certificate, but at a more affordable rate without a transcripted credential.
- À la carte: See a course you like? Enroll in any of the courses to enhance your knowledge of private college leadership challenges and solutions.
- Bethel University EdD program: The 12-credit graduate certificate is a unique opportunity to earn a graduate certificate from the University of Minnesota while simultaneously earning a doctorate from Bethel University. The 12 credits earned in the certificate replace 12 credits in the Bethel University degree programs.
“The private college leadership courses have pushed me to explore higher education outside my discipline. The intentional focus on private colleges has given me the tools to pursue positions in upper leadership in higher education… The faculty are experienced in private college leadership and offer experience from their positions.”
—Krista Hoekstra, Associate Professor and Program Director, Nursing, Bethel University