The Certificate in Online Learning prepares educators and other professionals to design and deliver online learning experiences in academic or business settings.
Through this certificate you will:
- develop expertise in emerging practices in learning design for online environments.
- gain an understanding of key learning theories and applying them in practice.
- engage with current research about online teaching, learning, and design.
- participate in a learning community to learn from others while reflecting on your own teaching, reading, designing, and writing.
You will complete 12 credits (each course is 3 credits):
- Foundations of Distance Education
- Online Learning Communities
- Designing and Developing Online Distance Learning
- Learning Analytics
You can pursue the certificate alone or pursue the certificate and MEd. Professional Studies in Learning Technologies at the same time. If interested, apply to both programs.
A Note About Tuition
Whether you will be charged resident or nonresident tuition depends on a combination of factors. Please contact the college you would like to attend for more details