Online Learning Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:Per credit: $711.00 (resident); $1,100.00 (non-resident)
- Total credits:12
- Credential:Graduate Certificate
- Admission GPA:2.80
- Application deadlines:Spring: December 15; Summer: April 30; Fall: July 31
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Education and Human Development
- Department:Curriculum and Instruction
The Certificate in Online Learning prepares educators and other professionals to design and deliver online learning experiences in academic or business settings.
Through this certificate you will:
- develop expertise in emerging practices in learning design for online environments.
- gain an understanding of key learning theories and applying them in practice.
- engage with current research about online teaching, learning, and design.
- participate in a learning community to learn from others while reflecting on your own teaching, reading, designing, and writing.
You will complete 12 credits (each course is 3 credits):
- Foundations of Distance Education
- Online Learning Communities
- Designing and Developing Online Distance Learning
- Designing Online Adventure Learning
You can pursue the certificate alone or pursue the certificate and MEd. Professional Studies in Learning Technologies at the same time. If interested, apply to both programs.
A Note About Tuition
Whether you will be charged resident or non-resident tuition varies depending on a combination of factors. Please contact the college you would like to attend for more details
"I would highly recommend the Certificate in Online Distance Learning to anyone who will be involved in designing, teaching in, or otherwise administering online educational programs."
— Susan H. Stephan, Associate Dean of Graduate and Online Programs at the NSU Shepard Broad College of Law