Multimedia Design and Development Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:Per credit: $711.00 (resident); $1,100.00 (non-resident)
- Total credits:12
- Credential:Graduate Certificate
- Admission GPA:2.80
- Application deadlines:Spring: December 15; Summer: April 30; Fall: July 31
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Education and Human Development
- Department:Curriculum and Instruction
The Certificate in Multimedia Design and Development is designed for business professionals, higher-education instructors, and corporate trainers who want to produce and design software to enhance learning.
Through this certificate you will:
- examine and practice the processes of designing and developing interactive learning materials through the use of contemporary development tools.
- explore an assortment of professional creativity suites to create meaningful, easy-to-use, and aesthetically pleasing computer-based instructional materials.
- become knowledgeable and comfortable in the multiple approaches to instructional design.
- participate in a learning community that stimulates and advances the ways you think about the design process.
You will complete 12 credits (each course is 3 credits) from the following options:
- Foundations of Interactive Design for Web-based Learning
- Introduction to Multimedia Development
- Planning for Multimedia Design and Development
- Interactive Multimedia Instruction
- Contemporary Software Development Issues and Tools
View the courses in the graduate course catalog.
All courses are offered in completely online and blended formats.
You can pursue the certificate alone or pursue the certificate and MEd. Professional Studies in Learning Technologies at the same time. If interested, apply to both programs.
A Note About Tuition
Whether you will be charged resident or non-resident tuition varies depending on a combination of factors. Please contact the college you would like to attend for more details.