Manufacturing Operations Management Certificate
- Delivery:Partially Online
- Cost:$482.54 per credit (MN resident); $854.24 per credit (non-resident)
- Total credits:16
- Credential:Undergrad Certificate
- Admission GPA:2.5+
- Application deadlines:July 15 for fall; November 15 for spring; April 15 for summer
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Continuing Education
The Manufacturing Operations Management Certificate is designed and taught in collaboration with industry professionals to assist individuals who wish to transition to leadership roles in today’s dynamic manufacturing sector. Typical students already have some academic credits, as well as production experience. They come to the program for the knowledge and skill package that industry executives tell us they look for in their future leaders: core business expertise, a “big picture” understanding of manufacturing technologies, processes, and systems, as well as a working knowledge of the global supply chain.
Students who wish to later pursue the Bachelors of Applied Science in Manufacturing Operations Management will be able to transfer all of the certificate credits to the B.A.Sc. degree, which is also offered in online and blended classroom/online format.
The certificate consists of 16 credits: required core courses (6 credits) and elective courses (10 credits).
- MM 3001 Manufacturing in a Global Economy (3 cr)
Prerequisite for many of the MM electives; recommended as a first course.
- MM 4102 Manufacturing Operations (3 cr)
MM 3001 is a prerequisite.
Manufacturing, "the engine that drives the American economy," is the third-largest industry in Minnesota and has been steadily growing in many areas to keep pace with technological change. This certificate will help you develop in-demand skills and knowledge in a range of key technical and business areas to help you advance within your organization.
- Manufacturing processes and systems
- Quality, cost control, and regulation
- Supply chain management
- Business finance, operations, project management, communication