Human sexuality, gender roles, and sexual behavior are an integral part of health care, social sciences, biological sciences, and culture. Broadening human sexuality education for a wider professional audience meets this unique, nonclinical need and prepares you to bring applied solutions to real-world sexual health crises.
This post-baccalaureate certificate is offered in partnership between the Medical School's Program in Human Sexuality and the College of Continuing and Professional Studies. Coursework can apply toward partial fulfillment of AASECT Sexuality Educator certification.
The certificate consists of 12 credits. Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA for all degree coursework to remain in good standing.
- HSEX 6001 Foundations of Human Sexuality (3 cr)
Electives (9 credits)
- HSEX 6011 Policy in Human Sexuality: Cutting-Edge Analyses (3 cr)
- HSEX 6012 Dimensions of Sexual Functioning (3 cr)
- HSEX 6013 Perspectives and Practices in Sexual Health Education (3 cr)
- HSEX 6014 Introduction to Health Care for Transgender and Gender Diverse Adults (3 cr)
Want to Learn More?
Contact an advisor or complete a Preadvising Questionnaire to tell us more about yourself and your goals.