The Undergraduate Certificate in Election Administration is designed with maximum flexibility for experienced individuals already managing state and local election offices, as well as those seeking to become part of the next generation of creative and committed leaders. Whether you are currently working in or considering a career in elections, this rigorous and relevant program will prepare you for advancement in the profession of election administration. The courses are taught by national experts and other prominent leaders in election administration.
Also offered at the graduate level
Required Courses (7 cr)
- PA 3969 Survey of Election Administration (3.0 cr)
- PA 3972 Elections and the Law (2.0 cr)
- PA 3973 Strategic Management of Election Administration (2.0 cr)
Electives (5 or more credits required)
- PA 3975 Election Design (2.0 cr)
- PA 3976 Voter Outreach and Participation (1.0 cr)
- PA 3982 Data Analysis for Election Administration (2.0 cr)
- PA 3983 Introduction to Election Security (1.0 cr)
- PA 3984 Elections Security: How to Protect America's Elections (2.0 cr)
A Note About Tuition
Whether you will be charged resident or nonresident tuition varies depending on a combination of factors.
Contact Lea Chittenden at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about tuition rates and group discounts.
“Preparing the next generation of election officials, as well as furthering the professional development of existing election administrators, was a key recommendation of the Presidential Commission on Election Administration. Programs like the Humphrey School’s will help develop tomorrow’s professionals by preparing them to conduct elections in an environment that requires a comprehensive skill set.”
—Tammy Patrick, Member, Presidential Commission on Election Administration