The Bachelor of Science in Sport and Recreation Management is a hands-on program that offers you a rich, well-rounded business experience. You'll gain valuable knowledge and experience by examining case studies and experiential learning projects, as well as through internship, job shadowing, studying abroad, and networking opportunities.
Courses cover diverse topics such as sport law, facility and event management, sport marketing, sport communication, sport finance and economics, sport ethics and leadership, and sport psychology.
All admission materials must be submitted to the Office of Admissions no later than 4:30 p.m. CST on the deadlines noted.
This degree requires 120 total credits, with 62 of those within the major. Here is a sampling of courses you might take:
- MGMT 3210 Supervision and Leadership (3 cr)
- SRM 3100 Psychology of Sport (3 cr)
- SRM 3006 Sport Marketing and Communication (3 cr)
- SRM 3008 Sport Ethics and Leadership (3 cr)
- SRM 3200 Socio-Cultural Dimensions in Sport (3 cr)
Graduates of this program can find jobs across the spectrum of sports-related areas, including:
- Athlete management or relations
- Athletic academic advising
- Community or external relations
- Event coordination
- Facilities management
- Marketing and promotions
- Product development or distribution
- Publicity or sales
- Talent scouting or recruiting
- Youth services development
Financial aid is available for eligible students. Students must fill out the FAFSA form and use code 004069 when applying for financial aid for this program. Contact the University of Minnesota-Crookston (UMC) for additional information:
UMC Financial Aid Office
Phone: 800-862-6466 ext 8569; 218-218-8550