The Adult Literacy Certificate is designed to prepare teachers, administrators, trainers, and counselors in the broad political, social, economic, and theoretical aspects of adult literacy in a global environment. Courses are available in person and online.
- OLPD 5213 Introduction to Adult Literacy in the Community (1 cr)
- OLPD 5224 Formal Assessment of Adult Literacy (1 cr)
- OLPD 5233 Methods of Teaching Beginning Adult Literacy (1 cr)
- OLPD 5201 Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 cr)
- OLPD 5202 Perspectives of Adult Learning and Development (3 cr)
- OLPD 5296 Field Experience in Adult Education (3−6 cr)
Visit the program website for complete curriculum.