Adult Literacy Certificate
- Delivery:Fully Online
- Cost:$676.67 per credit (MN resident); $1,046.67 per credit (non-resident)
- Total credits:14
- Credential:Graduate Certificate
- Application deadlines:Ongoing
- Campus:Twin Cities
- College:College of Education and Human Development
The Adult Literacy Certificate is designed to prepare teachers, administrators, trainers, and counselors in the broad political, social, economic, and theoretical aspects of adult literacy in a global environment. Courses are available in person and online.
- OLPD 5213 Introduction to Adult Literacy in the Community (1 cr)
- OLPD 5224 Formal Assessment of Adult Literacy (1 cr)
- OLPD 5233 Methods of Teaching Beginning Adult Literacy (1 cr)
- OLPD 5201 Strategies for Teaching Adults (3 cr)
- OLPD 5202 Perspectives of Adult Learning and Development (3 cr)
- OLPD 5296 Field Experience in Adult Education (3-6 cr)
Visit the program website for complete curriculum.