Introduction to Medical-Based Practice
This course was designed for occupational therapists interested in expanding their knowledge of the roles of OT in pediatric medical settings. We will guide you through the occupational therapy process of referral, evaluation, documentation, intervention planning and discharge. You will explore child and family centered care, reimbursement, and ethical considerations in practice. Best practice, learner friendly and state-of-the art instructional design supports learner and instructor communication. Frequently Asked Questions.
- Theory and ethics that guide medical-based pediatric occupational therapy services
- The impact of regulations on occupational therapy practice in outpatient and inpatient settings
- The role of interprofessional collaboration in providing quality care
- Pediatric conditions that limit occupational performance
- Assessments commonly administered to determine OT intervention and treatment goals