Child Development Associate (Session 1)
NOTE: This is a PILOT Program, you have to have been accepted into the program in order to register.
Cost: $1049 per participant
This offering is the first of three sessions in the Child Development Associate program.
The program is delivered through the University of Minnesota's online learning platform, and is comprised of readings, out-of-class assignments, and online discussion. Courses are taught by UMD Education Department faculty and early childhood practitioners, all of whom have extensive experience teaching educators and working with children and families.
You should expect to spend approximately 4-6 hours per week on coursework. All work can be done in your own time as long as it is completed by the assigned due date.
This section includes the following modules of the Child Development Associate:
- Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
- Advancing children's physical and intellectual Edevelopment
- Supporting children's social and emotional development
- Building productive relationships with families
- Managing an effective program
- Maintaining a commitment to professionalism
- Observing and recording children's behavior
- Understanding principles of child development and learning
- CDA prep/guidance/testing